THIS POSITION WILL TERMINATE ON NOVEMBER 30TH.
Performs brush cutting, mowing, weed-eating, trash pick up, and general landscape duties.
- Cut brush utilizing a chain saw, pole saw, pruner and/or hand saw to rid parks and county right-of-ways of brush for public safety and to maintain beauty of county properties.
- Mow and weed eat utilizing tractors, brush-hogs, zero-turn mowers, riding lawn mowers and/or push mowers and weed-eaters in parks and county right-of-ways to manage growth for public safety and assist in fire prevention and spread.
- Pick up trash in parks and county right-of-ways for public safety and beautification.
- Attend work consistently and punctually.
- Work appropriately with others.
- Work well with supervision receiving instructions/feedback, coaching/counseling and/or action/discipline.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Somervell County.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess and maintain a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Reading and comprehension skills sufficient to understand and interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and comprehend verbal directions and communicate orally with supervisor and co-workers.
- Knowledge of tractors and mowers.
- Knowledge of lawn care maintenance to include proper use of weed eaters, pole saws, and chain saws.
- Knowledge of lawn care.
Minimal – Sitting, pushing/pulling, kneeling/squatting, and climbing.
Moderate – Standing, bending/stooping, wrist flexion/extension, reaching, overhead reaching, driving; and use of manual/power hand tools and fork lift/heavy machinery.
Extensive – Walking, grasping/squeezing, and use of mower, weed eater, edger, blower, chain saw and pole saw.
Moving – 26 to 50 lbs.
Minimal Exposure – Extreme cold and working at heights.
Moderate Exposure – Noise, vibration, and dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals.
Extensive Exposure – Extreme heat, unsheltered work outdoors, uneven ground, moving machinery, and requirement for use of protective equipment.