JOB TITLE: Green Keeper EFFECTIVE: May 2020
SUPERVISOR: Golf Course Superintendent STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Golf Course Maintenance GRADE: N/A
Perform maintenance on the golf courses utilizing grounds maintenance equipment.
• Perform daily or as needed rotation of greens’ cup utilizing a utility cart, cup cutter, and cup setter in order to reduce wear on the greens.
• Rake bunkers by hand or with mechanical bunker rake to smooth the surfaces and remove debris.
• Distribute ice chests full of bottled water and 10 gallon water coolers to designated areas to provide the golfers with drinking water.
• Operate various outdoor power tools such as weed eaters, edger’s, blowers, sod cutters, trash pumps, triplex mowers, and shovels to manicure and maintain the aesthetics and structure of the property.
• Clean rest rooms with cleaning supplies to insure sanitary conditions for the public.
• Operate utility vehicles to move about the golf courses on assignments and to transport tools and supplies.
• Perform tree removal or pruning utilizing a chain saw. Work to be performed under direct supervision or when sufficiently trained.
• Wear all necessary safety gear for personal safety and safety of others.
• Haul debris or pull implements utilizing a tractor. Work to be performed under direct supervision or when sufficiently trained.
• Trim out and mow various areas utilizing various mowing equipment. Work to be performed under direct supervision or when sufficiently trained.
• Use 100 foot, 1 inch hose to syringe greens and hand water other areas on the golf course as needed.
• Spot spray with 2 gallon or 25 gallon sprayer and utility cart to eradicate weeds.
• Perform periodic labor such as fixing fences, hauling sod, pouring concrete, filling divots, painting, property renovation, and ball washer service.
• Attend work consistently and punctually.
• Work appropriately with others.
• Work well with supervision receiving instructions / feedback, coaching / counseling and / or action / discipline.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures of Somervell County.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Other duties as assigned.
• Basic reading and comprehension skills sufficient to understand and interpret policies and procedures.
• Ability to comprehend verbal directions and communicate orally with supervisor and co-workers.
Minimal – Climbing, overhead reaching, and use of forklift.
Extensive – Sitting, standing, bending / stooping, pushing / pulling, kneeling / squatting, walking, grasping / squeezing, wrist flexion / extension, reaching, driving, use of manual and power tools, and manipulation of light mowing equipment.
Lifting / Carrying – 26 to 50 lbs
Minimal – Working at heights.
Extensive – Extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, exposure to dust / gas / fumes / steam chemicals, outdoor work with no protection, walking on uneven ground, working around moving machinery, and protective equipment.