JOB TITLE: J.P Court Clerk EFFECTIVE: Immediately
SUPERVISOR: Justice of the Peace STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Justice of the Peace GRADE: CV-7A
POSITION SUMMARY: Must perform routine to moderately complex clerical work with minimum supervision. Immediate responsibility for daily tasks of the office. Must be a self -starter and work well under stress.
- File new criminal and civil cases
- Collect fines and fees.
- Perform general office duties such as typing, filing, etc
- Assist officers and customers as may be required.
- Prepare cash receipts to County Treasurer and Auditor.
- Maintain current list of filings for each precinct.
- Accept and files both civil and criminal complaints
- Prepare notice for trial and issue jury requests.
- Entrusted with reports of a highly confidential nature.
- Notarize legal affidavits for DPS, Game Warden and County Constables.
- Compile data for special projects, collect and assemble data and background materials for a variety of reports
- Prepare and create warrants and entries for DPS and Game Warden.
- Maintain calendars and schedules of activities, meetings, court dates and various events, coordinate activities with other county departments and public.
- Answer the phone, respond to e-mail, and greet the public. Provide information as needed or direct them to the appropriate staff.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employee must fulfill the employment standards of this position and comply with County policies, rules and procedures including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees. May be requested to perform other related services on behalf of County as directed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and general public. Ability to speak Spanish is an asset.
- High School diploma or GED
- Excel skills sufficient to create formulas and moderately complicated worksheets.
- Word processing skills sufficient to format letters and create labels.
- Twenty hours of school per year
- Seminars and training on new legislation as needed.
- Minimal standing,bending,stooping,kneeling,squatting,walking,wrist flexion,extension, and driving
- Extensive-Sitting and keyboarding
- Moving 11-25lbs